If you love all animals regardless of species and don’t mind getting your hands dirty, this might be the job for you!
We are a small, but active and well known organisation in Browns Bay on the North Shore of Auckland. We are offering 11 hours of paid work at minimum wage beginning April 2019.
Assistant tasks include: Cleaning (lots of that), animal handling and interaction, dog walking, unpacking and stacking products, transporting goods or animals, relocating enclosures, office duties, creating posters and adverts, organising fundraisers, assisting at animal-related presentations and events, photography, distributing flyers, volunteer training, and any other tasks that free up the trustees to focus on their various workloads.
Training may be provided before the start date – while you are volunteering.
Our ideal applicant will:
- Be available two non-consecutive weekdays per week
- Have a calm demeanour around difficult animals
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be good at following instructions as well as using initiative
- Be fit, strong and healthy
- Be reliable, punctual and honest
- Be okay cleaning animal vomit, faeces, urine, blood, etc.
- Have good computer and Facebook skills
- Have a strong command of the English language
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Be able to cope with repetitive tasks
- Be able to commit to a minimum of two years’ work
- Be a non-smoker
- Have a full driver’s licence and a dog-friendly vehicle
- Be willing to appear in photos on our website, social media, etc.
- Be prepared to volunteer in addition to the 11 hours of paid work
- Only bring vegan food into our home-based shelter
There are plenty of perks to the job. You’re being paid for what is often a voluntary role, you are around lots of animals all day, and you play a crucial role in rescuing, rehabilitating and re-homing animals in strife.
We are a small vegan organisation. You will be incredibly appreciated and valued, almost like family.